This virtual conference will be a live stream of a live in-person conference being held in Edmonton, AB. If you would like to attend live in-person please register here: http://www.jackhirose.com/workshop/trauma-conference/
This conference will be live streaming from Edmonton, Alberta to online participants on May 6 – 8, 2024 from 8:30am – 4:00pm MDT
This course is streaming live out of Edmonton, AB beginning at 8:30am MDT (Edmonton, AB). Please adjust your start time according to your specific time zone.
Recorded footage and all course content (certificate, videos, quiz) will be available until June 10, 2024. Extensions cannot be granted under any circumstances.
Please allow 3 – 5 business days after the course airs for recorded footage to become available.
Registration will close on May 5, 2024.
Attend More and Save! 1 Day enrollment $269.00, 2 day enrollment $469.00, 3 day enrollement $669.00 + tax
Fees are per person, seat sharing is not allowed. Please respect this policy, failure to comply will result in termination of access without a refund. For group rates please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Day Two (8:00am – 3:00pm May 7, 2024)
Workshop #2: Optimizing Self-Regulation and Managing Big Emotions | PRESENTED BY Caroline Buzanko, Ph.D., R. Psych
In today’s world, our children and youth face an unprecedented level of stress and pressure, making it hard to effectively self-regulate and manage day-to-day stressors. As parents, educators, and mental health professionals, it’s essential that we equip ourselves with effective strategies to help children and teens develop the skills they need to navigate life’s challenges. When they don’t know how to manage those emotions, problem behaviours often result and can negatively affect their physical, psychological, academic, and social well-being. For many, they struggle to meet even the most basic expectations. It is essential they receive the right support.
Join us for a transformative workshop designed for mental health professionals, educators, parents, and caregivers to build self-regulation and emotional management skills in children and teens. During this workshop, you’ll learn evidence-based interventions and practical tools to promote healthy self-regulation and emotional management skills in children and youth. This workshop will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to make a meaningful difference in the lives of the children and teens you work with. Join us in this engaging and practical workshop, where you will leave with the skills and knowledge to empower children and youth to manage their emotions, overcome challenges, and build resilience.
- Explain self-regulation and emotional management in children and teens.
- Identify the role of emotions and how they show up.
- Differentiate misbehaviour from stress behaviour.
- Address the sensory, language and executive functioning processing deficits that get in the way of self-regulation.
- Discuss the importance of co-regulation and how to best support children and teens.
- Teach children and teens what they need to know boost their emotional literacy.
- Apply practical evidenced-based tools and techniques to promote healthy emotional regulation and coping skills in children and teens.
- Implement techniques to help children and teens cope with challenging situations.
- Develop an increased capacity to support children and teens in their emotional needs.