This is an On Demand course. Participants can watch, pause, and re-watch the sessions at their convenience.
All course content (quiz, certificate, videos) will be available until June 1, 2021. Extensions cannot be granted under any circumstances.
Registration will close on May 1, 2021.
Join international expert Dr. Donald Meichenbaum in his 2 Part Online Series. Learn from one of the 10 most influential psychotherapists f the 20th century. Each part consists of 6 hours of online course materials. Registration for individual sessions is available. However, as course material will build on previous content we advise participants take both parts to enhance the overall learning experience.
This is an in-depth advanced 6 hour course that examines the incidence and impact of victimizing and traumatic events across the life-span. Dr. Meichenbaum will explain the qualities of those who have resilience to trauma and how therapists can help those who struggle with their traumas.
He will use a Case Conceptualization Model that informs both assessment and treatment decision-making and a Constructive Narrative “strengths-based” intervention approach to address the range of challenging emotional client reactions such as Prolonged and Complicated Grief, Guilt, Shame, Anger and Moral Injuries.
Most important, Dr. Meichenbaum will explain how to implement the Core Tasks of Psychotherapy that contribute to lasting behavioural changes. Attendees will receive a comprehensive TO DO CHECKLIST that will enable them to immediately implement interventions presented. He will use video cases throughout the program.
Letter from Jack Hirose,
“I would like to invite you to participate in this SPECIAL EVENT. The final online webinar course by Dr. Don Meichenbaum who is retiring as he celebrates his 80th birthday and a 50 year career working with victimized clientele around the world. Please see the attached website that has had 19,000 visitors from 112 countries worldwide (roadmaptoresilience.wordpress.com). You can also visit his website where he has a number of his papers to see what you can learn (www.melissainstitute.org Click on Resilience resources). I have worked with Dr. Don Meichenbaum for many years and I strongly encourage you to take advantage of this timely and unique presentation.”
- victims of natural disasters including Hurricanes Katrina and Sandy, victims of earthquakes in California and Italy;
- victims of interpersonal violence including the 9-11 terrorist attack in New York, the Oklahoma City bombing, and victims of domestic violence;
- victims of school shootings (Columbine school shooting and Parkland High School shooting) and victims of school bullying;
- multiple student suicides in a school in Montreal;
- victims of torture who have resettled in the U.S.;
- Native populations in both the U.S.and in Canada who have experienced multiple years of sexual abuse and additional stressors;
- victims of human trafficking;
- returning soldiers form combat and those in Veteran’s hospitals:
- residents of various Psychiatric and Residential Substance Abuse settings and Juvenile Offender’s Centers. I have just published a book on “Treating individuals with addictive disorders: A strengths-based workbook for patients and clinicians ” Routledge Publishers
In addition, I have been invited to present at the War College in the U.S. on stress and decision-making and on the establishment of a Stress Center in Israel.
Please visit www.melissainstitute.org (Click on Resilience Resources) to view papers on these topics. I have recently celebrated my 80th birthday, and feel honored and richly rewarded for the opportunity to be invited to address the clinical needs of these diverse groups.
$249.00 Per 6 Hour Session
Attend More and Save! 2 Part Series for $498.00 | Promo Code: MEICHENBAUMSAVE50
Fees are per person, seat sharing is not allowed. Please respect this policy, failure to comply will result in termination of access without a refund. For group rates please contact email@example.com