This online course will be streaming live on November 29, 2022 from 8:30am – 4:00pm PT, 10:30am – 6:00pm CT, 11:30am – 7:00pm ET after purchase.
10:00am – 10:15am PT, 12:00pm – 12:15pm CT, 1:00pm – 1:15pm ET
12:00pm – 1:00pm PT, 2:00pm – 3:00pm CT, 3:00pm- 4:00pm ET
2:30pm – 2:45pm PT, 4:30pm – 4:45pm CT, 5:30pm – 5:45pm ET
Recorded footage and all course content (certificate, videos, quiz) will be available until January 3, 2023. Extensions cannot be granted under any circumstances.
Please allow 1 – 3 business days after the course airs for recorded footage to become available.
Registration will close on November 27, 2022.
When our clients are overwhelmed by anxiety, adrift in depression, or hobbled by trauma, a lack of self-compassion is often at the heart of their difficulty. Thankfully, research has shown us that if practiced regularly, self-compassion can regulate emotions, transform negative core beliefs, and heal trauma. This experiential webinar will help you integrate self-compassion training into your work. You’ll focus on how to:
- Guide clients through highly individualized training sessions based on their specific strengths and obstacles
- Apply the eight core practices that make up the Map to Self-Compassion, including self-acceptance and embracing suffering
- Help clients feel revitalized and avoid burnout
- Choose self-compassion practices for client problems—including complex trauma and self-sabotage—based on key assessments
- Use the brain’s care circuit to regulate emotions and heal trauma in clients
This webinar will include lecture, live demonstrations, small group practices, and question and answer sessions. You will have the opportunity to present clinical cases and receive consultation to demonstrate how to apply self-compassion with your specific clients. We will break down all of the microskills required to treat a client from a self-compassion perspective, and you will have the chance to practice each of them. You will also learn about (and receive a copy of) the Map to Self-Compassion from The Self-Compassion Skills Workbook, and how to use this map to assess and choose the most appropriate form of self-compassion practice for each specific client. The webinar will conclude with a section on cultivating self-compassion within ourselves as clinicians.