This online course will be streaming live on July 27 – 28, 2021 from 8:30am – 4:00pm PT, 10:30am – 6:00pm CT, 11:30am – 7:00pm ET after purchase.
10:00am – 10:15am PT, 12:00pm – 12:15pm CT, 1:00pm – 1:15pm ET
12:00pm – 1:00pm PT, 2:00pm – 3:00pm CT, 3:00pm- 4:00pm ET
2:30pm – 2:45pm PT, 4:30pm – 4:45pm CT, 5:30pm – 5:45pm ET
Recored footage and all course content (certificate, videos, quiz) will be available until August 27, 2021. Extensions cannot be granted under any circumstances.
Registration will close on July 26, 2021.
Cognitive – Behavioural Therapy is considered the “gold standard” treatment for many psychological
conditions most commonly seen in the clinical setting. Despite it’s strong evidence base, many
practitioners have gone a more “integrative” route and surprisingly few have developed the advanced
expertise needed to deliver the most in-demand treatment effectively on a regular basis to a clientele that often remains “stuck.”
If this describes you, don’t miss this opportunity!
Join international CBT trainer and expert Dr. Jeff Riggenbach, for this two day intensive breakthrough course that will help you hone your skills, equip yourself to confidently deal with even your most challenging cases, and reignite your passion to the work you once loved.
You will be able to utilize concrete strategies that will provide greater levels of healing for clients that
- Depression – related disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Anger problems
- Substance use disorders
- Cluster B disorders
- Borderline personality disorder
- and many more!
Leave this course chock full of practical tools and techniques that you can implement with your clients the very next day!
For further information, please visit: www.sunshinecoasthealthcentre.ca
Foundational Tenets and Core Competencies
- The Therapeutic Alliance
- Levels of cognition
- Early Maladaptive Beliefs
- Schema maintenance process
- Behavioural pattern breaking Standard CBT
- New trends in Cognitive Therapy
- Developing Case Conceptualization and Hypothesis
- Collaboration with the Client
- Treatment Planning and Documentation
CBT Tools and Techniques
- The 3 Types of Cognitive Interventions
- Behavioural ExperimentsAdvanced cognitive distortions work
- Following the Affect
- Eliciting Underlying Core Beliefs
- The Downward Arrow Technique
- Case Studies
The Cognitive Model of Depression
- Facilitating Behavioural Activation
- Decreasing Vulnerability to Negative Emotions
- Depression-Related schema work Negative Cognitive Triad
The Cognitive model of Anxiety
- Appraisal of Risk
- Developing internal and external resources
- Meta cognitive strategies for GAD\
- Exposure-Based Strategies for Phobias
- Interoceptive Strategies
Application to clinical practice
- Collaborative Agenda Setting
- The 3 Stages in a CBT Session
- Homework and Cognitive Fortification
- Self-Therapy Sessions
The Cognitive Model of PTSD
- Neurobiology of trauma
- Psychoeducation and Consent for Treatment
- Grounding techniques and soothing strategies
- Writing out an Impact Statement
- Trauma Narratives
- Nightmare restricting
- Moral injury
- Post-traumatic Growth
The Cognitive Model of Addiction
- The Cycle of Addictive Behaviour Disorders
- Facilitating Awareness of Triggers
- Managing Urges
- Identifying and Restructuring Drug Related Beliefs
- Overcoming powerlessness and developing self control
- Building Community Support and Relational Healing
Cognitive approaches to Personality Disorders
- Identifying Red flags Immediately
- What Makes These Clients Challenging?
- The Thinking of the Therapist
- How Treatment Must Differ to Achieve Effective Outcomes
- Skills Training
- Individual therapy
- Complex Chain Analysis
- Integrated case study
- Identifying early warning signs
- Episode management
- Individualized Relapse Prevention Plans
- Q & A and Dismissal
Clinical Professionals: All mental health professionals including, but not limited to Clinical Counsellors, Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Social Workers, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Hospice and Palliative Care Workers, School Counsellors, Youth Workers, Mental Health Workers, Addiction Specialists, Marital & Family Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists, Vocational Rehabilitation Consultants and all professionals looking to enhance their therapeutic skills.
|Registration||Early bird Fee||Regular Fee|
All fees are in Canadian dollars ($CAD).
For group and/or student rates please view our Terms & Conditions and contact email@example.com for more information and registration.