This online course is on-demand.
Recorded footage and all course content (certificate, videos, quiz) will be available until January 23, 2023. Extensions cannot be granted under any circumstances.
Registration will close on January 16, 2023.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is one of the most effective forms of psychotherapy, a gold standard treatment that can be applied to a wide range of psychological disorders. With hundreds of randomize controls trials to demonstrate its impact, cognitive behavioural therapy has been shown to be one of the most efficacious and well-validated forms of treatment within the mental health community. However, many clinicians struggle to effectively implement it in a powerful way with their clients. Join clinical psychologist, author, and international speaker Jonah Paquette for an exciting hands-on workshop aimed to help bring your knowledge and skills related to CBT to the next level.
This live webinar will provide you with a deeper understanding of how CBT can be applied to a wide range of problems, and will help you master the core competencies of CBT treatment. In addition, attendees will be provided with powerful, practical, and easy-to-use tools that you can use in your clinical practice starting right away. Through didactic presentation, hands-on practice, and opportunities for reflection, you’ll learn how to expertly apply these approaches into your life and your clinical work. You’ll leave equipped to improve your clinical skills and achieve better therapeutic outcomes with even your most challenging clients.
For further information, please visit: www.sunshinecoasthealthcentre.ca
An Overview of CBT
- Core Principles
- Ancient Roots and Key Pioneers
- Effectiveness across Diagnoses
- Common Misconceptions
Thoughts, Beliefs, Schemas, and Distortions
- Common Maladaptive Mindsets
- Thought Patterns that fuel depression, anxiety, stress, and more
- How core beliefs and schemas connect to automatic thoughts
- A Review of 10 Core Cognitive Distortions
CBT in Action: The Key Processes
- How to foster an effective alliance
- Monitoring progress and outcomes
- Setting an effective therapeutic agenda
- Identifying sources of resistance
- Enhancing Motivation
- Methods and Interventions
- A review of over 30 approaches to change maladaptive thoughts
- Includes techniques rooted in logic, compassion, humour, imagery, and more
- Review case examples to bring these approaches to life
Integrating Mindfulness and CBT
- An overview of effectiveness of mindfulness-based approaches
- How mindfulness complements cognitive behavioural approaches
- Experiential practices to bring these approaches to life
- When to shift gears towards detachment rather than restructuring
- An overview of 15+ defusion practices
Clinical Professionals: All mental health professionals including, but not limited to Clinical Counsellors, Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Social Workers, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Hospice and Palliative Care Workers, School Counsellors, Youth Workers, Mental Health Workers, Addiction Specialists, Marital & Family Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists, Vocational Rehabilitation Consultants and all professionals looking to enhance their therapeutic skills.
|Registration||Early bird Fee||Regular Fee|
All fees are in Canadian dollars ($CAD).
For group and/or student rates please view our Terms & Conditions and contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and registration.