This online course is on-demand.
Recorded footage and all course content (certificate, videos, quiz) will be available until July 14, 2023. Extensions cannot be granted under any circumstances.
Registration will close on July 7, 2027.
Cognitive – Behavioural Therapy is considered the “gold standard” treatment for many psychological conditions most commonly seen in the clinical setting. Despite it’s strong evidence base, many practitioners have gone a more “integrative” route and surprisingly few have developed the advanced expertise needed to deliver the most in-demand treatment effectively on a regular basis to a clientele that often remains “stuck.”
If this describes you, don’t miss this opportunity!
Join international CBT trainer and expert Dr. Jeff Riggenbach, for this two day intensive breakthrough course that will help you hone your skills, equip yourself to confidently deal with even your most challenging cases, and reignite your passion to the work you once loved.
You will be able to utilize concrete strategies that will provide greater levels of healing for clients that suffer from:
- Depression – related disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Anger problems
- Substance use disorders
- Cluster B disorders
- Borderline personality disorder
- and many more!
Leave this course chock full of practical tools and techniques that you can implement with your clients the very next day!
Foundational Tenets and Core Competencies
- The Therapeutic Alliance
- Levels of cognition
- Early Maladaptive Beliefs
- Schema maintenance process
- Behavioural pattern breaking Standard CBT
- New trends in Cognitive Therapy
- Developing Case Conceptualization and Hypothesis
- Collaboration with the Client
- Treatment Planning and Documentation
CBT Tools and Techniques
- The 3 Types of Cognitive Interventions
- Behavioural ExperimentsAdvanced cognitive distortions work
- Following the Affect
- Eliciting Underlying Core Beliefs
- The Downward Arrow Technique
- Case Studies
The Cognitive Model of Depression
- Facilitating Behavioural Activation
- Decreasing Vulnerability to Negative Emotions
- Depression-Related schema work Negative Cognitive Triad
The Cognitive model of Anxiety
- Appraisal of Risk
- Developing internal and external resources
- Meta cognitive strategies for GAD\
- Exposure-Based Strategies for Phobias
- Interoceptive Strategies
Application to clinical practice
- Collaborative Agenda Setting
- The 3 Stages in a CBT Session
- Homework and Cognitive Fortification
- Self-Therapy Sessions
The Cognitive Model of PTSD
- Neurobiology of trauma
- Psychoeducation and Consent for Treatment
- Grounding techniques and soothing strategies
- Writing out an Impact Statement
- Trauma Narratives
- Nightmare restricting
- Moral injury
- Post-traumatic Growth
The Cognitive Model of Addiction
- The Cycle of Addictive Behaviour Disorders
- Facilitating Awareness of Triggers
- Managing Urges
- Identifying and Restructuring Drug Related Beliefs
- Overcoming powerlessness and developing self control
- Building Community Support and Relational Healing
Cognitive approaches to Personality Disorders
- Identifying Red flags Immediately
- What Makes These Clients Challenging?
- The Thinking of the Therapist
- How Treatment Must Differ to Achieve Effective Outcomes
- Skills Training
- Individual therapy
- Complex Chain Analysis
- Integrated case study
- Identifying early warning signs
- Episode management
- Individualized Relapse Prevention Plans
- Q & A and Dismissal
Clinical Professionals: All mental health professionals including, but not limited to Clinical Counsellors, Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Social Workers, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Hospice and Palliative Care Workers, Youth Workers, Mental Health Workers, School Counsellors, Behaviour Specialists, Addiction Specialists, Marital & Family Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists, Vocational Rehabilitation Consultants and all professionals looking to enhance their therapeutic skills.
Jeff Riggenbach, Ph.D. is a best-selling and award winning author who has earned a reputation as an international expert in CBT and personality disorders. Over the past 20 years he has developed and overseen CBT-based treatment programs for Mood disorders, anxiety disorders, addictive behaviour disorders and Personality Disorders at two different psychiatric hospitals and clinics serving over 3,000 clients at multiple levels of care. Dr. Riggenbach trained at the Beck Institute of Cognitive Therapy and Research in Philadelphia, is a Diplomat of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy and a certified cognitive therapist. He has trained over 20,000 professionals worldwide including audiences in all 50 United States, Canada, Mexico, the UK, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
Dr. Riggenbach is the author of six publications including his most recent release The CBT Toolbox (2nd ed): A Workbook for Clients, Clinicians and Coaches.
Jeff is known for bridging the gap between academia, research findings and day-to-day clinical practice, and his work has earned him the reputation for being. “The practical tools guy.” His seminars on CBT, DBT, and Schema-Focused Cognitive Therapy routinely receive the highest evaluations from conference participants in terms of clinical utility as well as entertainment value.
|Registration||Early bird Fee||Regular Fee|
All fees are in Canadian dollars ($CAD).
For group and/or student rates please view our Terms & Conditions and contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and registration.