This is an On Demand course. Participants can watch, pause, and re-watch the sessions at their convenience.
All course content (quiz, certificate, videos) will be available until April 1, 2021. Extensions cannot be granted under any circumstances.
Registration will close on March 1, 2021.
More than ever there is a need for brief interventions that are targeted and effective. Mindfulness has been shown to be effective for depression, anxiety, stress and pain, but most mindfulness occur over periods of weeks and months. In 2018, international mindfulness expert and award-winning author Donald designed a brief mindfulness program that was clinically shown to reduce stress and lower blood pressure in a group of priests with vulnerable heart conditions—and that required only 9-minutes of practice a day. In this unique video course, Donald demonstrates 13 brief, one-session mindfulness interventions that are easy for clients to learn and apply in daily life.
This video explains practical mindfulness that wires up the brain to reduce rumination, anxiety and perceived pain while fostering emotional regulation, compassion, calm and connection. You’ll learn how to “take mindfulness out of the box” with engaging awareness and selective attention interventions that will fundamentally alter your client’s relationship with stress, anxiety, rumination and isolation. Whoever you work with, from millennials to boomers, you’ll quickly gain a host of effective one-session tools.
Online Course Format
- 3 Session Online Training – 2 hours per session
- 6 CEUs
- Each session will consist of 2 hours of teaching content
- Non-Interactive – registrants will have access to lectures, PowerPoint presentation, demonstrations, video clips, and experiential exercises.
Intro: Foundational Body-Breath-Mind Practice: A simple way to make peace with body and mind.
- Palm the Present Moment—Sense Grounding for Distancing from Stress, Anxiety, Rumination
- Savouring and Anchor Awareness Practice— Helps clients learn how to observe and constructively distance from negativity by focusing on something positive.
- Diaphragmatic Breathing Postures: Learn 5 postures for helping clients turn on the parasympathetic nervous system.
- Five Steps to G-R-E-A-T Mindful Self-Care: These are the mindful foundations for mental clarity, mood regulation and brain health.
- Be the Pebble: This intervention combines using a calming word with breathing for stress reduction.
- S-T-O-P Multi-Sensory Presencing Practice: Portable practice for impulse control and pausing from triggers in the moment.
- The Eight Awareness Styles: Learn to identify how clients get present in order to create personalized and collaborative interventions.
- The 4-Mindful Bite Meditation: An easy eating practice for managing eating in times of stress.
- The Body Scan: An awareness practice shown to reduce pain perception by up to 40%.
- Gratitude for Depression: Use selective attention to focus away from past and future and orient toward things that help one revalue what is in their lives.
- Strengths-Based Mindfulness: Help clients identify and put into action their own unique character strengths that serve as effective coping skills.
- P-R-R-R Method: A metacognitive way to reappraise thoughts and reflect daily for emotional balance and equanimity.
- Loving Kindness: Affirmation practice for increasing feelings of safety, trust and building relationships
Clinical Professionals: All mental health professionals including, but not limited to Clinical Counsellors, Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Social Workers, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Hospice and Palliative Care Workers, Youth Workers, Mental Health Workers, School Counsellors, Behaviour Specialists, Addiction Specialists, Marital & Family Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists, Vocational Rehabilitation Consultants and all professionals looking to enhance their therapeutic skills.
|Registration||Early bird Fee||Regular Fee|
All fees are in Canadian dollars ($CAD).
For group and/or student rates please view our Terms & Conditions and contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and registration.