This On Demand course and will be available immediately after purchase. Participants can watch, pause, and re-watch the sessions at their convenience.
Anxiety Disorders affect, on average, 10-20% of people over the course of their lifetime (the statistics vary depending upon the study). The rates are higher for victims of trauma and abuse such as veterans experiencing PTSD. Many people suffer for years often not getting help or getting the proper help. There is no need for this suffering. Anxiety Disorders are very treatable.
It is so important for educators and clinicians to be well trained in properly diagnosing the different anxiety disorders and treating them. This webinar will first address contributing factors to the rise in diagnosable anxiety and traumatic experiences. It will provide a solid understanding of the physiological effects and how these impact the ability to engage in day to day functioning. Enrollees will learn the keys to thoroughly and effectively differentiating between not only the different anxiety disorders but other disorders that may present with similar symptoms. Enrollees will also learn many key treatment approaches in order to assist students and/or clients in ending their suffering. This webinar will equip those who enroll with concrete and ready to use therapeutic techniques in order to immediately start assisting them in taking control of their anxiety and be on the road to recovery. Participants who attend this webinar will leave with the ability to genuinely treat people with anxiety disorders and effectively be able to provide students and clients, of all ages, with the skills to regain control over their own lives.
Online Course Format
- Presented by Christine Dargon, Ph.D.
- 2 hours per session, 3 sessions
- Each session will consist of 2 hours of teaching content
- Non-Interactive – registrants will have access to lectures, PowerPoint presentation, demonstrations, video clips, and experiential exercises.
Anxiety and Trauma – why so predominant in our society?
Understanding Anxiety Disorders:
- Brief l Theory overview
- Behavioral – Learning Theories
- Cognitive Behavioral
- Differential Diagnosis (briefly):
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Disorder – with and without Agoraphobia
- Social Anxiety
- Separation Anxiety
- Other Disorders and similarities
- Purpose and Goals – understanding the causes in order to truly alleviate the problems
- Specific Techniques and novel approaches
- Assessment and Diagnostic
- Therapeutic Benefits
- Other treatment approaches
- Non-verbal treatment approaches
- Using different treatments for different ages and presenting problems
- How trauma can manifest differently in children than in adults
- How to help children process trauma in a non-verbal manner
- Areas of Caution
- Working with abuse victims and veterans
- Working with children and their families
Education and Clinical Professionals: All education and mental health or healthcare professionals who work with children or youth including, but not limited to K–12 Classroom Teachers, School Counsellors, Learning Assistance/Resource Teachers, School Administrators, School Paraprofessionals including Special Education Assistants, Classroom Assistants and Childcare Workers • All other professionals who support behavioural challenges and complex learning needs including but not limited to: Nurses, Social Workers, Psychologists, Clinical Counsellors, Family Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists, Addiction Counsellors, Youth Workers, Mental Health Workers, Probation Officers and Community Police Officers.
|Registration||Early bird Fee||Regular Fee|
All fees are in Canadian dollars ($CAD).
For group rates please view our Terms & Conditions or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
The pre-approval period for accreditation of this course has expired. Participants seeking accreditation must contact their associations directly. Please check with your association prior to registration if you require continuing education credits/units (CEU’s). We do not guarantee approval and fees may apply. As this course is no longer pre-approved for CEU’s it is being offered at a discounted rate.